SGi® Bearing Isolators
Shaft Grounded Isolator for VFD Controlled Electric Motors.
The SGi® bearing isolators integrate the best features available for shaft grounding merged with supperior bearing protection. SGi® bearing isolators are the best solution for your electric motors.
Country of Origin: United States
- Uses less energy than contact lip seals
- Compliant with safety and industry manufacturing standards
- Non-contact engineered labyrinth design reduces shaft drag
- Lifetime bearing protection increases mean time between failure (MBTF)
- Extended bearing life
- Consistent sealing performance
- Non-wearing components
- Engineered labyrinth designs exclude contamination while retaining bearing lubrication, to IP 66 ratings
- Non-wearing components means seal properties are not degraded over time
- Faster mean time to repair (MTTR) during rebuilds
- Eliminates repairs for shaft grooving
- Eliminates repairs for seal housings
- AEGIS® shaft grounding technology
- Surpasses IEEE 841-2001 Standards
- IP 65-66 rating per NEMA MG 1-2003, see SGi® configuration table
- API 610 compliant bronze construction (standard)
- Flanged (Split and Solid)
- Flangeless (Solid)- Does not extend past face of housing
- Surface Mount (Split and Solid)- For electric motors with tight radial spaces
The patented unitizing element prevents the rotor and stator to contact. The unitizing element also prevents the components to separate during operations which could cause premature failure. The unitizing element is integrated into all KLOZURE® metal isolator designs.
Shaft Grounding Technology
The AEGIS® shaft grounding technology allows the SGi® to handle stray electric currents found in your motor. Garlock® has partnered with EST(Electro Static Technology) to provide the best electric protection with the best bearing protection in one seal, the SGi®.