Eliminates the metal-to-metal contact between rotor and stator that causes vibration and misalignment which causes traditional O-rings to shred
GUARDIAN™ bearing isolators offer exceptional bearing protection for pumps, motors, and bearing supported industrial equipment under the harshest conditions.
New! GUARDIAN™ bearing isolators product selector and part lookup.
Garlock® is pleased to announce the offering of the GUARDIAN™ bearing isolator in additional sizes of 12 to 24 inches for your larger applications. We call it the GUARDIAN™ XL. We offer 7 day lead times in order to assist you with your needs.
GUARDIAN™ products are composed of a patented Cam-Lock design and patented unitizing ring. This unique design eliminates the metal-to-metal contact between rotor and stator that causes vibration and misalignment which causes traditional O-rings to shred.
Country of Origin: United States
- Easy by hand installation — no need for an arbor press
- Uses less energy than contact lip seals
- Compliant with safety and industry manufacturing standards
- Non-contact engineered labyrinth design reduces shaft drag
- Lifetime bearing protection increases mean time between failure (MBTF)
- Extended bearing life
- Consistent sealing performance
- Non-wearing components
- Patented Unitizing Ring by Garlock® eliminates metal to metal contact between stator and rotor.
- Engineered labyrinth designs exclude contamination while retaining bearing lubrication, to IP 66 ratings
- Non-wearing components means seal properties are not degraded over time
- Faster mean time to repair (MTTR) during rebuilds
- Eliminates repairs for shaft grooving
- Eliminates repairs for seal housings
- Surpasses IEEE 841-2001 Standards
- IP 65-66 rating per NEMA MG 1-2003, see GUARDIAN™ configuration table in downloads
- API 610 compliant bronze construction (standard)
- 316 SS construction available upon request
- Flanged (Split and Solid)
- Small Cross Section Flanged (Solid)- Fits in c/s as small as 0.188in. (4.76 mm)
- Flangeless (Solid)- Does not extend past face of housing
- Narrow Width Flangeless (Solid)
- Steam Turbine (Solid)
- Step Shaft (Split and Solid)- Custom designed for applications where the shaft has a step
- Split Pillow Block Housings (Split and Solid)
- Vertical (Solid)- Vertical design for top applications
- Surface Mount (Split and Solid)- For electric motors with tight radial spaces
- GUARDIAN™ XL – Standard Flanged and Flangeless