Rubber Fab Tuf-Flex®
Rubber Fab’s Tuf-Flex® sanitary gasket is the world’s only unitized gasket, and is setting new standards for purity, performance and flexibility.
Tuf-Flex® is specifically designed to meet critical requirements in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, ultrapure water, WFI (water-for-injection).
Because Tuf-Flex® will not impart taste or odor, Tuf-Flex® is your ideal gasket for the Food & Beverage Industry!
Tuf-Flex® Temperature Rating
-20°F to 300°F
- Effective seal
- Patented welding process produces large gaskets without dovetailed joints that permit leakage
- GYLON® material provides excellent chemical resistance of PTFE without creep relaxation and cold flow problems
- Available in cut gasket form only
- Styles 3500, 3504, and 3510 can be welded using this unique process
- Ideal for corrosive applications with extra large flanges
Tuf-Flex® Gasket Comparison
A Solid PTFE Type I Gasket is guaranteed to fail in SIP conditions. They will creep, cold flow and leak at delta T.
The Envelope Gasket construction provides inconsistent results between the two materials. It will also creep, cold flow and leak over time.
The PTFE grafted elastomer in a Tuf-Flex sanitary gasket will maintain I.D. without re-torquing or leaking.